Pregnancy and Postpartum Physical Therapy
Concierge Physical Therapy
- Pelvic floor evaluation and treatment (optional).
- Assess your body for common birthing patterns after baby (example: pelvic alignment/ bone hardness as a result of childbirth).
- Recommendations for positions of comfort in pregnancy, early postpartum, or feeding your baby.
- Treatment recommendations and education on injury prevention, balance, diastasis recti, pelvic pain, orthopedic concerns, neck/upper back pain, low back pain, sacroiliac (SI) pain, pubic symphysis dysfunction (PSD), pain with intimacy, incontinence, pelvic organ descent or prolapse, round ligament pain (pregnancy), awareness of intra abdominal pressure, body mechanics with movement, and stretches/body mechanics to alleviate discomfort from nursing.
- Education on preparing your perineum for childbirth, labor & delivery (L&D) positions, and breathing through your L&D.
- Education on healing your perineum and body after birth.
- Assess range of motion and flexibility.
- Assess strength of the core and the core’s connection with your pelvic floor.
- Assess gait and balance.
- Assess posture in standing and during functional movement tasks.
- Assess scar mobility or myofascial restriction(s): Caesarean sections, and/or pelvic floor.
- Education on when to begin your rehabilitation after baby (Hint: this can begin as early as the first week after having baby).
- Postpartum visceral therapy.
- Comprehensive and individualized home exercise program.
- Have a concern you do not see above? Please contact me to discuss if I can help.
Contact Dr. Rachael for your complimentary phone consultation prior to your first appointment. Let’s discuss your concerns and goals.
Dr Rachael will travel up to 5 miles outside of the Rochester Hills, MI area to provide in-home services. If you are outside of this radius please feel free to contact Dr. Rachael to arrange an alternative solution for care. She also offers virtual telehealth sessions or in clinic evaluations, treatments, and or personalized training at:
115 East 3rd Street Rochester, MI 48307
If you are interested in working with Dr. Rachael and the location is too far, the timing of in-clinic or in-person will not work, you are a mama who can not leave the home, or you are on bed rest, let’s connect virtually!
- Virtual sessions available for Michigan residents that are unable to make in person visits practical
- Are outside of Michigan? Check out my Health and Functional Nutrition Coaching.
- Virtual sessions for pregnant women that are on bed rest (a physician script may be needed).
Are you an athlete that wants to return to sport but you are unsure of where to start? Consider personalized/performance training. This service is available for women wanting to gain strength in pregnancy and postpartum – perfect for mamas that want to return to running, Cross Fit, Pilates, yoga, or other athletic activities.