Pelvic Health & Wellness
Hey there, friend! Looking for a safe space to land while you’re
navigating “all the things” on pelvic health & wellness?
Like myself, I bet you have spent hours, going down rabbit holes trying to learn:
- How do I take care of my body after birth?
- How do I best prepare my pelvic floor for running or exercise?
- What can I do to stop the pain I am having in my tailbone when driving?
- How do I sleep, rest, or even think of exercising when I have to use the bathroom continuously?
- What movements or exercises can I do that won’t hurt my pelvic floor or cause leaking?
I see you and I have this covered for you!
My clients and I have done it all…
- Read all the books and pelvic health blogs
- Signed up for emails and online programs from various pelvic health experts
- Lurked on social media…and more.
But what I know from my own experience with 5 kids & my clients is that my clients can LEARN to handle whatever is thrown at them. But first, they find confidence and power for each part of the process. This confidence helps them uncover unconditional joy and calm through the adventure of life.
What if you knew you could be confident in the uncertainty of pelvic health by using skill and tools in your own power to bring a healthy recovery and return to exercise OR (let’s face it) life!?
This is where I come in! I have helped my clients discover that the process of learning the skills of pelvic health does not have to be scary.
This is why I team up with women so they have guidance, solutions, and support in the unknown adventures of pelvic health and find joy and calmness in their recovery.
Common but not normal misconceptions women are told:
- “It is normal to have back pain (or any pain) after having baby.”
- “You will always leak urine now that you are a mama.”
- “You have heaviness in your pelvic floor that will get better with time.”
- “Just breathe through the pain, the pelvic pain is all in your head.”
What results my clients have shared with me:
- “I no longer leak OR feel heaviness in my lady parts.”
- “I did not have any pain after 1-2 visits and I have exercises, and activities I can do in future pregnancies!”
- “I was able to return to run after baby without leaking.”
- “I no longer have pain or burning when I go pee.”
- “I can jump with my children and not leak.”
- “My neck and shoulders no longer hurt after learning how to care for my pelvic floor.”
- “I have pain free sex with my husband!”
- “This is the first time in 20 years I have not leaked, I have had no back pain, and slept through the night.”
What conditions do I treat:
Pelvic Girdle Pain:
• Sacroiliac dysfunction (commonly confused with low back pain)
• Pubic symphysis dysfunction (pain or
instability at front of groin area).
Pelvic Health Concerns:
• Pain with sex or other pelvic pain concerns
• Endometriosis, PCOS, ovarian cysts
• Heaviness in the pelvis
• Pelvic Organ Prolapse (when pelvic organs are
pushing in or out of the vaginal wall)
• Incontinence/Urgency (difficulty controlling the bowel/bladder)
• Tailbone pain
• Leaking OR pelvic heaviness during running or exercise
• Pain with exercise
• Diastasis Recti
• Hip pain
• Low back pain
• Numbness and tingling in arms or legs
• General aches and pains
• Headaches/neck pain
• Difficulty walking or moving
• Balance issues/feeling like you are falling
• Other concern not listed? Please contact me today
Assessment and Treatment:
Assessment and treatments are provided to address specific concerns you may have or have been found during your evaluation. Treatment will include some or all of the following:
- Posture analysis and support in standing and during movement for daily activities such as caring for your baby.
- Individualized exercises, stretches, and activities with an individualized home program and or handout(s) provided to support you.
- Education to support pain free movements OR positions of comfort you use throughout the day.
- Gentle hands on therapy including myofascial release, massage, joint mobilization, muscle stretching and more.
- Pelvic floor (PF) evaluation and treatment (optional). Here we can check how well you can move your PF, through a range of motion, for not only bladder, and bowel control, but also the ability to tune into the PF for recovery.
- Return to sport, such as running, lifting, CrossFit, barre, yoga, pilates, plyometrics/HIIT, for a full assessment of mechanics and progressive programming of that specific sport.
- Instruction on when to increase or decrease exercise intensity.
Pelvic Health & Wellness visits:
Many of my clients wish to have a pelvic health check in. This allows them to avoid the above listed concerns and have a professional guide them through pelvic health and wellness.
This program is customized for each client’s goals for their care. Included in these visit is the the information listed in the assessment and treatment section above.
Ready to work together to address pelvic health concerns?
Schedule a one on one conversation to share your goals for care!